January 11, 2012

Guard for me... {In the Word Wednesday}

Guard for me my eyes, Jesus,... lest seeing another's wealth makes me covetous
Guard for me my ears, lest they hearken to slander, lest they listen constantly to folly in the sinful world.
Guard for me my heart, O Christ, in thy love, lest I ponder wretchedly the desire of any iniquity.
Guard for me my hands, that they be not stretched out for quarrelling, that they may not, after that, practice shameful supplication
Guard for me my feet upon the gentle earth... lest, bent on profitless errands they abandon rest.
~Traditional Irish Prayer
From Prayers for Today: A Yearlong Journey of Contemplative Prayer



If you have not yet brought a breakfast dish (hot dish, bread, fruit etc, it doesn't have to be anything difficult), please consider signing up.  We have been very blessed with some very generous people who have brought breakfast multiple times, but we do need additional help. 

Please know that if you sign up and something comes up that you will not be able to make the meeting you can always email us or contact us on facebook (see email address on the right of this page) and let us know, we can cover it if need be.  The sign up sheet is editable, you can sign up for one day and if you realize you won't be there, you can change it.  And, it doesn't need to be anything difficult, there are many options on the sign up sheet!


No comments:

Post a Comment