1 Loaf French bread – cut in 1 or 1/2 inch slices
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. melted margarine or butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon; pour into bottom of pan. Beat together the milk with the eggs. Dip bread in egg and milk mixture and lay over the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
1/2 pound sliced bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup milk
1 package (16 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In same skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture and reserved bacon.
3. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Yield: 8 servings
Glazed Donut Muffins
These are better in a mini-muffin pan. Mini-muffins = 24, Regular muffins = 10
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking power
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
1 cup milk
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. hot water
(May need to add more powdered sugar if glaze is too runny. If it gets too thick, just add more water.)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray pan.
2. Beat butter, oil, and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon, salt and vanilla until just combined. Mix in the flour, alternating with milk; beginning and ending with flour.
3. Spoon batter into cups until full. Bake 15 -17 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool before glazing.
1. Mix together all ingredients until smooth – add more sugar if necessary.
2. Dip muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden.
3. After the glaze hardens, dip again! J
4. Let Harden and serve.