November 16, 2011

Generational Faith {In the Word Wednesday}

2 Timothy 1:5
I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois, and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you.

Not a verse we would typically think of as a verse to study.  At least I didn't, until I saw it in a list of verses that I was going through.  I kind of had to go through the verse a couple of times, but really, it was quite straight forward: This verse shows us a sincere faith that is being passed on through the generations. 

Hmmmmmm.  Am I passing on a sincere faith?  I am passing on knowledge of God and his forgiveness and grace, but what about a sincere faith?  A faith that desires God more than anything else.  A faith that knows that his ways, no matter how they seem in this earth, are always the best?  A faith that makes us want to be servants.  Like, really desire servant hood. 

What does a sincere faith look like and what are you doing to pass this on to your children?

God, we thank you for a new day.  New start every day.  We thank you for your grace and mercy, that our sins are not only forgiven, but also forgotten.  God, help me to have a sincere faith, to live a life dedicated to you and your teachings, to desire you above all else.  Give me the tools also to pass these things on to my children, so that they too love you above all else and can then pass that love onto future generations.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment