October 19, 2011

Barriers {In the Word Wednesday}

Todays devotion is from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  If you haven't read this book before, let me just explain quick that it is written from Jesus perspective, in case there was any confusion!

Come to Me with your defenses down, ready to be blessed and filled with My Presence.  Relax and feel the relief of being totally open and authentic with Me.  You have nothing to hide an dnothing to disclose, because I know everything about you already.  You can have no other relationship like this one.  Take time to savor its richness, basking in My golden light.

One of the worst consequences of the Fall is the elaborate barriers people erect between themselves and others.  Facades abound in the world, even in my Body, the church.  Sometimes, church is the last place where people feel free to be themselves.  They cover up with Sunday clothes and Sunday smiles.  They feel relief when they leave because of the strain of false fellowship.  The best antidote to this artificial atmosphere is practicing My presence at church.  Let your primary focus be communing with Me, worshiping Me, glorifying Me.  Then you will be able to smile at others with My Joy and love them with My Love. 

See:
1 John 1:5-7
Exodus 33:14
Philippians 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment