September 28, 2011

Trials and our faith {In the Word Wednesday}

We all have our trials in life.  To the outside some trials may seem insignificant, but on the inside a trial is a trial. 

Each week I've been struggling to come up with something for In the Word Wednesdays.  It's frustrating.  In the past year and a half I have had what some would consider big trials.  And, you know what?  I'm so extremely thankful for that trial.  Yup, it sucked.  But I was so close to God during that time, I was definitely walking that journey with Him.  I'm so sad to report that I've fallen away a little bit.  I'm trying to get back on track by making sure I'm having some quiet time alone, spent in the word, daily.  But, I'm still struggling to feel that closeness that I once had. 

So, I decided to look through some of the devotional books that got me through that period.  Most of the books are very specific to cancer, but if you take out the word cancer and enter "trials" in it's place it get's much more generic.  I'm a highlighter.  I LOVE to highlight.  Look through any of my books on my bookshelf (space reserved only for the best ones I've read) and you will find lot's and lot's of neon colors.  This also make it super easy to go back and find things that spoke to me.  I just wanted to share a few things that I found helpful. 

  • God amazes me each time he meets my needs through those around me.  He never sends someone early, but he never sends someone late either. 
  • We don't have to allow the fear to have free rein in our lives.  We can give God a chance to meet our daily needs.
  • His healing may be physical, or he may simply help me peacefully accept my circumstances.  I'm convinced he knows which is better for me. 
  • It's okay to admit we are scared, sick, weak, or powerless.  God will meet us where we are.
Can I pray for us?

God, I look to you now with a repentant heart.  I've moved away from you.  Please give me the time and desire to move back in line with you.  To renew that closeness that I felt in the past. 
Thank you for sending friends, family and sometimes complete strangers to fulfill all of my needs.  Please give me the opportunity to also fulfill that need for someone else.  Give me opportunities to be your hands and feet in this world.  Help me to accept my circumstances where I am now, knowing that you put me in this circumstance and that you are always with me.  Give me peace and release any stress or anxiety that I may be feeling.
God, I ask you to be with all of the M-LIFE moms that will meet together soon.  Help us all to develop relationships that allow us to grow closer to you, with the accountability of other women. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment