September 8, 2011

So sorry {In the Word Wednesday} a day late

I'm so sorry.  I didn't post a In the Word Wednesday post yesterday.  Back to school, sports, homework and paperwork have got me burried in busy-ness.  I'm very sure I'm not alone in all of this.  Some days are just bad days and I do my best to get through them. 

My devotion this morning referenced this verse: Jeremiah 31:25 says I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.  Or, the message version... I'll refresh tired bodies; I'll restor tired souls. 

The key word in that verse for me was "I", meaning God.  I've been trying to refresh my body and my soul all by myself and need to be more deliberate about letting him do it, turning to him when I'm worn out and weary. 

So, today, when the kids come home with more paperwork, homework and have to be at practice all at the same time, I'm going to turn to him and let him refresh me!

No comments:

Post a Comment