August 29, 2011

Back to School and organizing

Do you have a secret for keeping all of your papers organized? 

Or a trick to keeping certain papers/art projects of your kids?

I would love to hear your ideas!  And, I'm sure others would as well!

My way to keep papers organized (aka, not lost) is to keep them on the clipboards by our door.  I have 6 clipboards hung on the wall, one for every member of the family.  All papers, notes and announcements get hung up here so they don't get lost!  We've been doing this for about a year and it's worked very well!

For keeping fun papers and art projects from school, we started keeping folders in the filing cabinets for each of the kids, then at the end of the year, we buy one extra large mailing envelope for each one.  I write thier name, the year(s), thier teacher, school and sometimes height and weight on the outside of the envelope, put everything that we've saved throughout the year in the envelope, seal it up and put it in a tub in the basement with all of the other envelopes from years past.  I've tried other systems in the past and so far this one has stuck around the longest (like 5 or 6 years now).

What are your tricks?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea about the mailing envelope ... I'm going to have to borrow that one!

    ReplyDelete