July 27, 2011

SOAP Psalm 127:1 {In the Word Wednesday}

S :: Scripture
Psalm 127:1
Unless the Lord builds the house it's builders labor in vain. 
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stand guard in vain.
(Feel free to look up additional translations at Biblegateway.org)
O :: Observe
Any work we do without the Lord is useless.  If we build our family without acknowledging the Lord we build in vain.  No matter what I do to raise my kids "right", it doesn't matter, if I'm not teaching them to love the Lord before anything else.
A :: Apply
Use everyday moments to teach the kids about the Lord.  Everything can be turned into a lesson from God.
P :: Prayer
God, please help me to bring you more fully into the task of raising this family.  Help me to see you in the every day normal parts of life so that I can relay those things to my kids.  Be with all the moms out there that are trying to raise your children your way, keep us strong with the support of each other.  You need to be the base on which our families are built.
Amen

What are your observences and applications from this verse?  Share here in the comments section.  Let's learn from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment